The Human Rights Association EgLex was registered by the State Ministry of Monaco on March 3, 2018.
The EgLex Association carries out a wide range of activities specifically designed to promote law reform in the field of family, relationships, and care for kids. Family is a place, where the values of respect for each other, of contribution to society, moral responsibility and human rights are conveyed to our children, but it may also become a place where violence and gender discrimination prevail, thus passing to the next generations.
How we do this
1. Communicating with the UN quasi-judicial bodies on human rights situation in different parts on the world, representing victims in individual cases, helping the United Nations to write Concluding Observations like this one: CEDAW MONACO REPORT 2017
2. Raising awareness about Human Rights Conventions and complaint procedures: organising seminars, creating websites, and working with the media. Here is an example of our Human Rights presentation.
3. Analysing differences between local laws and ratified international treaties, advocating amendments to national legislation in order to ensure compliance with international law. While doing this, we raise awareness by publishing guidebooks like this one on COHABITATION in MONACO and on Monaco Judicial system.
4. Monitoring how the States are implementing orders and explanations given by the UN quasi-judicial bodies (UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, UN Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women, UN Human Rights Committee, UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, UN Human Rights Council, regional human rights monitoring bodies), especially in the area of family and discrimination against women.
5. Promoting action in response to the case law of the UN quasi-judicial human rights bodies, including the United Nations Universal Periodic Review, by writing to governments, ministers, national human rights institutions and national non-governmental organisations.
6. Offering moral support for people in difficult situations, involving violence, discrimination and abuse.
7. Referring people to legal aid, Ombudsmen, the UN quasi-judicial bodies, national police or other organisations, and helping them in formulation of their complaints.
8. Organising signature of petitions like this one: Petition for recognition of de facto relationships as family on this site
How to join us
We would like to ask you to become members of “EgLex” Association. With your support in numbers, your minds, hearts and energy, we can act towards a constantly evolving fairer social order, where health of the family underpins the health of an individual and society.
We kindly invite you to leave your name, email and home address to join our association!